CVI 0.00% 0.3¢ cvi energy corporation limited

question for dbk, page-31

1. 4,058 Posts.
    nice post ironfist

thank you very much for sharing your insights. i realise i am still young and naive (i seriously do know this. i work in the industry and just sitting alongside the more seasoned traders i know i have NFI, even after being there a year already). it may take a decade or two until i reach some level of understanding in the markets, as it is mostly psychological rather than things you learn in uni or from reading books, as you pointed out. i still think having this knowledge base from university has its uses though.

like t4p's original post for me, although very rude (and i think it was completely uncalled for), he did say something useful and that was NDO's oil flowed out horizontally as opposed to CVI's matanda which will flow vertically and hence that is the reason for NDO's higher BOPD which stands at 17.5k. there was also his mention of the shallow oil vs at depth. this was useful for me and i am grateful for him pointing this out. however i dont see how this makes CVI a better buy, i dont see how this detracts from my original post (but rather adds things that i missed) and i still dont know what he has against me personally other than the fact i disagree with his views on CVI.

Tibbs, in regards to all the 2/3 hours research, it was in reference to NDO as i already had a rough idea on CVI from following this thread as you have already pointed out my earlier posts. i never liked them even when they were at 12 cents - and im not afraid to admit this.

i really cant be bothered to argue with the bashers because most of them come across as immature. i still dont see why my original post is considered 'unsubstantiated' and 'deliberatly misleading'. point me to what they are and tell me why this is the case - i am intrigued to learn why this is the case.

it is still interesting for me to note that none of you had a problem with the NPV/share figures which is around 29-35 cents (excluding further exploration success from the other 6 prospects which may potentially host much more oil/gas). this is not appealing to me, as this is where the stock is now. the SP must be at the stage where it is pricing in the possibility of further acquisitions (?) which may or may not come to fruitation. this is why i think buying and holding here is dangerous, particularly once it goes ex.

finally, no, i dont short stocks that have momentum, as CVI clearly has using the systems i have. i got this view from reading and hearing many horror stories of professionals shorting what they believe is undervalued only to see them go up and up and up and then being forced to close out of their position.

in closing i appreciate the rational, substantiated and more reasoned posts on this thread - thank you to those people. have a lovely day.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CVI (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.