PPP 0.00% 3.7¢ pan pacific petroleum nl

Hmmm ! Not sure that you have got that quite the way I see it or...

1. 8,072 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 384
    Hmmm ! Not sure that you have got that quite the way I see it or understand it taylors24.

I get the impression from your comment "constrained by bottlenecking" that the 48 -50,000 bopd could be greater but there is a problem or two in the system which is holding it down at that level.

It is true that when the oil flow first began late July and then through August there were problems and constraints in the delivery system which held flow rate down to about 41,000 bopd.
    Over a number of weeks those problems were worked on to bring the flow rate eventually up to its present level of around 50,000 bopd. That was the flow rate that was always designed for.

The FPSO is designed to handle a flow of 120,000 barrels of LIQUID a day. Which is a totally different kettle of fish. That means it has the capacity to handle (if need be) 50,000 bopd plus 70,000 barrels of water.

In a sense you are correct. The production rate is held at 50,000 bopd since that is seen to be the optimum rate without doing damage to the deliverability of the field. But it is not because they haven't sorted out some problem in the system. That's what they intend it to be.

It maybe just the way I am reading your comment and you may mean the same thing as I understand it

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PPP (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.