PLS 5.83% $3.07 pilbara minerals limited

CATL on board is either letting a Predator in or a white knight...

1. 42,070 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1019
    CATL on board is either letting a Predator in or a white knight and I don;t know which one it is but the precedent from A40 provides some guidelines.

"External sources" predicting improved demand is just that. Someone a few months ago responded to my assertion of remaining skeptical about the Chinese car sales with consistent falling volume MoM but instead showed massive gains in EV take up. I just simplify with the current condition of EV with subsidy removal, falling car sales, slow growth and a phase 1 window dressing. The people in the know, Greenbushes, meanwhile held back ramping up production which I thought was odd if you consider the iron ore cycle back in 2015-16 where the big boys ramp up instead of cutting production. Why would Greenbushes not increase production?

Secondly, no doubt at some stage demand for EV will reverse as nothing falls forever but remember there is a lot of excess capacity of ramp up that can literally be a flick of the switch. How long as Ken been 'not informing' the public about the design fault?

When I see the price action, I am sure there are people in the know who have been getting out on strength but a chart is just a one dimensional view, it doesn't explain the reason just the symptom or action of the market.

The current chatter has gone nasty wrt to Chinese involvement. Blame game on China 'stealing resource' but at the time of CATL buy in, the white knight relief has now been replaced with cynicism. Shouldn't there be included in the petition a ban on Chinese entities from getting a big position in Oz strategic resource such as Li perceived to be Saudi of the next generation energy source?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.07
Change
-0.190(5.83%)
Mkt cap ! $9.239B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.19 $3.20 $3.07 $96.53M 30.85M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
41 815921 $3.06

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.08 309816 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.