question for lapsed christians, page-2

1. 12,085 Posts.
    snuff
    It's a hard question to answer without offending. I stress the following is only my opinion. I believe in the after life. As in psychics and mediums. Also in premonitions and 'spiritual forces' that may or may not interact with our lives, as in Angels and such. Sound crazy, not anymore crazy than a belief in God and it's inerpretations.
    The Church is a weird entity. It's like it's accepted that God exists and you must be crazy to not believe in it. This weekend the world shuts down for Easter. At Christmas, likewise. Why does the Church have such a strong hold on people's beliefs? I'm not convinced it's running on merit. It doesn't allow free thinking. What is is and that's that.
    I ask this 100% seriously. Jesus is the Son of God 'through' Mary. She was a surrogate mother. Is that a fair assumption? If so, the Church must support surrogacy.
    I like to ask questions like that not to offend but just to understand what someone expects me to believe. Other areas of the bible can also be questioned. But it seems the moment you question you are damned for doing so.
    I offer no philosophical view to your question. The Church lacks freedom of the mind. As I said, no offense.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.