MEL 14.3% 0.4¢ metgasco ltd

HS wrote:Now Texter22. Let’s deconstruct you and your...

1. 43 Posts.
    HS wrote:

Now Texter22. Let’s deconstruct you and your delusions:

“A”: You are obviously a wife but where are the silent farmer-husbands who might disagree? I remind you of the truism that neither man nor beast should interpose themselves between a farmer & a sackful of money.

Democratically, statewide after the recent election, it is proven you represent nothing. I draw your attention to the Camden (just outside Sydney) election result (with a 40% swing to the Liberals) where for 10 years csg has been extracted by AGL without incident.

---

Hey don't shoot the messenger. it's not my term, the "farmers wives of kyogle" saying has entered the local resistance vernacular, it comes from an industry keynote given to APPEA last year, have a look:

-------
    Sydney Morning Herald:
    At the environment conference of the Australian Petroleum Production and Exploration Association, delegates were again warned that the growth of broad-based protest groups, connected by social media, would increasingly threaten coal seam gas expansion.

''Do we want to take on the farmers' wives of Australia?'' asked keynote speaker Wendy Sarkissian, a consultant and fellow of the Planning Institute of Australia.

''There is a range of people from very different political persuasions. Now all the farmers' wives are coming out in Kyogle, they are a force to be reckoned with.''

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/environment/conservation/robertson-calls-for-halt-on-new-coal-seam-gas-licences-20111109-1n7g4.html#ixzz288FyilKU

-------

And saying that a swing to the libs in camden means that all nsw want's CSG seems very thin to me. Here's a percentage a little closer to where Metgasco or it's buyer wants to exist for the next 20 or 30 years: 87% of 20 odd thousand people in Lismore in a council ran poll recently said NO to CSG.

http://www.abc.net.au/local/stories/2012/09/10/3586897.htm

HS:
    So please, please and again please, no more of the absurd without foundation hysterical, neurotic, hypochondriacal nosebleeds, toxic arguments.

“It will be a public relations nightmare for the companies and politicians involved as the farmers(sic) wives out of kyogle (sic) oppose and block every meter of it.”

Kyogle population 10,000/2. NSW 7,500,000. Get real.

---

10,000 can make a lot of noise and as you know the groups are all connected right across the Northern Rivers and often come together to protest.

Look at this: csgfreenorthernrivers.org

HS:
    "Leaking exploding pipelines"? Utter rubbish. Get real.

You live in a miasma of ignorant fear based on self-inflicted isolation. This is just yet more uneducated emotional indignation based on no facts whatsoever. (Moral outrage without rational argument to back it up is worthless)

---

You are again shooting the messenger, I'm just giving you a local perspective of what we are concerned about, have a look at this:

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=leaking+natural+gas+pipeline

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=exploding+natural+gas+pipeline

HS:
    And you know there are not 100s of creeks on the Lions Way Road - a few but not 100s - and if you are able to peer thro' the fog of your ignorance - go up and count them and then learn that modern engineering will prevent any erosion.

---

There are 100's of water crossings, gullies, rivulets, creeks, call them what you like, farmers have expressed concerns about that. It's a question of simple physics.

HS:
    & it’s not a private road is it?. It never was! It's a PUBLIC ROAD. Open to everybody!

--

I am no expert when it comes to road ownership, but from what I've been told is a private road, the Government refused to build it, so the local community did it all on their own and to this day the Kyogle council owns the road and the land it's on. And have said their will be no CSG activity on either.

HS:
    In your delusional state you think it's your private road but at the same time you don't believe in private property do you?
    --

I must be delusional in thinking I'm not wasting my time answering a troll but you lost me there, why wouldn't I believe in private property?

HS:
    The fact is the road was the idea of the capitalist, socially-aware Lions Club of Kyogle and the equally community-minded Beaudesert Lions Club (both founded in the USA).
    ---

"both founded in the USA" Lost me again. Are you casting aspersions on the lions club? Or saying nice things about them? I have no idea why?

HS:
    And further evidence of your descent into the preposterous & emotive unscientific:

"A pipeline brings with it the black silhouette of a rearing monster of a leaking, venting, toxic water dumping coal seam gas field. And that really terrifies them. They are frightened for their childrens health and future after seeing the kids in QLD with the rashes and nosebleeds, the dumping of wastewater in the now bubbling, salt crusted condamine (sic) which they think is most likely caused by migrating gas from the nearby gas field according to Gavin Mudd of Monash Uni plus the burning bore fires at dalby (sic) caused by the same thing and god knows what else we are about to see. And I can't say I blame them. So basically I think there is buckleys chance of getting that through there without a whole lot of pain, delay and money burn."

The fact is you are bunch of self-interested refugees from the 21st century.

If by self interested you mean protecting what we have here than ok. But you are arguing about burning a fossil fuel that runs out quickly and causes damage to the atmosphere in a world that recognises the problem and is moving towards renewable energy and has the little fact escaped you that the locals are burning effigys of the local MP's and gas company owners? Who's the real dinosaur here?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MEL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.4¢
Change
0.001(14.3%)
Mkt cap ! $5.790M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.4¢ 0.4¢ 0.4¢ $754 188.5K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
10 12765502 0.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.4¢ 14531096 12
View Market Depth
Last trade - 12.37pm 30/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MEL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.