Question for Nickoo, page-9

1. 473 Posts.
    Hey Nick,

Minimum 20% cash.
    Property / Equities < 30%

Assuming fixed interest / Bonds are cash are you suggesting 50% of portfolio to be tied to gold?

Now that is a high risk stratedy.

Why not shorten transaction cycles across all asset bases to compensate for uncertainty and yes keep a minimum cash %.
    Property - Don't have an investment property but become a developer.
    Eqiuties - Trade on exception with predefined exit points.
    etc,etc
    Instead for predicting 2 years out (which to me is like reading tea leaves, the world changes and has changed fundamently in the last 10 years so some of your books might be a tad out of date.) you should focus on a small number of global indicators. US bond market, interest rates and global liquidity to get a handle on direction of money flow across different asset base.

To say now, this is what is going to happen and set one stratedy is extremely high risk. I assume you are predicting the bursting of certain global bubbles, you may be right (I don't know) but you must know world financial markets are cumbersome to be extreme and you will have plently of warning if your stratedy allows quick and DISCIPLINED withdrawal.
    As seen in the past 2 years you are liable to leave a hell of a lot of easy money on the table with this rigid approach.
    You are probably aware of my stratedy have posted more than once in the past.

Rob.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.