PEK 2.38% 21.5¢ peak rare earths limited

Hi psk, thanks for all your informative posts! You seem to be...

1. D59
    1,338 Posts.
    Hi psk, thanks for all your informative posts! You seem to be very knowledgeable about beneficiation and the economics of REE projects, so I was wondering if you could have a go at answering a question that has been troubling me.

As you pointed out, yesterday's announcement was great in that it looks like we'll be able to have a relatively simple and economic way to produce concentrate. I'm just wondering why Lynas or China would want to buy our concentrate, when they have plenty of their own?

My ( relatively basic) understanding is that each REE deposit has a unique composition of the various REES, and so needs a special processing and separation plant designed for its own unique characteristics. Given that Ngualla is similar to Mt Weld in its composition, maybe their LAMP could process our concentrate, but why would they want to when they'll be flat out processing their own? Also the Chinese may have the advanced technology and expertise to process our concentrate, but don't they have plenty of their own?

It seems to me that the countries who would most want to buy our concentrate ( the US, Japan, Korea etc.) don't have the REE expertise or ready made facilities to process the Ngualla concentrate.

I may have this wrong, so very interested in the thoughts of not only PSK, but others who may have knowledge about REE processing and separation.

( p.s. I own plenty of PEK, so definitely not trying to downramp. Just trying to keep it real and not get too far ahead of myself.)

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PEK (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
21.5¢
Change
0.005(2.38%)
Mkt cap ! $57.28M
Open High Low Value Volume
21.0¢ 22.5¢ 21.0¢ $46.60K 212.6K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 38694 21.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
21.5¢ 139754 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 06/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PEK (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.