VLA 0.00% $1.75 viralytics limited

evidence - the >50% is probably a direct translation of the...

1. 332 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 17
    evidence - the >50% is probably a direct translation of the results announcement on June 2nd:

One-year survival rate of 75.4% with median overall survival[footnote 4] of 26 months

footnote 4: Median overall survival is the length of time from initiation of CAVATAK treatment that half of the patients are still alive. Currently this median is estimated time as more than half the patients are still alive.

With luck the actual median overall survival will be higher than 26 months, but we'll have to wait for more (post-final?) results to find out!

Just for interest, I looked up the prognosis for metastatic melanoma (from http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25708472):
    Patients at stage IIIB/IIIC had a median overall survival (OS) of 24.3 months, with a survival rate of 67.2% at 1 year, 42.9% at 2 years, and 32.1% at 3 years.
    For patients at stage M1a, the median OS was 22.3 months, 1 year, 2 year, and 3 year survival rates were 64.5%, 40.4%, and 26.4%, respectively;
    for patients at stage M1b, median OS was 11.2 months, 1 year, 2 year, and 3 year survival rates were 43.8%, 23.4%, and 13.8%, respectively;
    for patients at stage M1c, median OS was 5.1 months, and 1 year, 2 year, and 3 year survival rates were 22.3%, 8.9%, and 4.7%, respectively.
    Note: Limitations of this analysis include the lack of information on disease progression, therapies used, and genetic factors.

Just for interest, this is from Yervoy's phase 3 results (from http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3462607/):
    In the pivotal phase 3 trial, the median survival for patients receiving 3 mg/kg was 10.1 months compared with 6.4 months for those receiving the investigational gp100 vaccine––a difference of 3.7 months in favor of ipilimumab.

I lost the will to look up the median overall survival figures for more recent checkpoint inhibitor results, mainly because single therapy is no longer the game - combinations are. So combination results is what I think will make us the big money, and I think we're very well placed because of the safety profile, not needing to inject into a lesion, the immunologic response, and the potential against a wide range of cancers. Anyway, bring on the results to show we're an awesome combination partner!!!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add VLA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.