KAR 0.00% $1.48 karoon energy ltd

question for ya!, page-3

1. Ya
    6,809 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3829
    That's a fair query Monkman.

The resource is defined pre-drilling by collating info frm seismics, nearby well-logs etc. Once they start drilling, then the data frm this well is applied to the model to fine-tune/improve the resource calc's. The parameters for which, come frm wireline logs.

Flowing is another beast. Having seen all the evidence of HC presence, rock cuttings, the nxt phase is, 'will it flow'? If its porous, permeable & has HC's then yes it will & should b classed as a discovery. However, if it flows water or is too tight to flow, then the mkt will judge that as negative news.

Just visualise a wet/dry sponge (& squeeze it) to get my drift. What we want is a formation with good porosity & flow capability, that's basically it.

B4 the cyclone eVac, KAR have stated that HC's are present in the Plover & Montara. So now the mkt wants to know whether it will flow gas/condensate & how much. The resource estimate will change depending on the outcome of this well & future wells. Too early to make that call b'coz Kronos presents an upside to the south of this structure.

Another thing to note here is that TOL was drilling Brk#4 for WPL, whilst COP were at P#1 & the results were not made public for B#4 or Torosa 5 & 6, yet that fields resource stands at 13.7 tcf plus 370mmbbls.

This is a very sensitive issue given the competition in the area. Shell has kept the results very tight with its Prelude discovery near Ichthys, so I wonder if COP-KAR will do the same, until every test is done.

We just have to wait & see how the DST/s goes. All the best.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add KAR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.48
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $1.187B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.51 $1.51 $1.48 $9.090M 6.098M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 34975 $1.48

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.49 3831 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 13/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
KAR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.