Question from a newbie to ASX- Can you day trade ASX?

1. 17 Posts.
    Hi everyone.

I'm a trader living over in WA. I've been trading a couple of years, mostly cryptos, but a little of forex, a little bit of crypto, and some indexes. I've done ok, getting lucky on the crypto and hitting a winning streak a couple of years ago with a closing the gap trade on the US Index CFDs, but I found that the trading was not sustaiable, I didn't understand why it was workingand when it stopped working, I didn't know how to correct it.

So I've been on that merry-go-round for a couple of years of moving from one strategy to another, wining some, losing some but now I am looking for something sustainable.

I read Andrew Aziz 'How to Daytrade for a Living' a couple of weeks ago when I was off with Covid. The book is geared towards the US stock market and he identifies what he cals 'stocks in play' which he identifies by using scanners, looking for pre market gaps etc,
    I've been using a strategy called opening range breakout on the US open, which is apparently used a lot by Day traders in US. But I don't really want to continue day trading the US open and am looking to modify the strategies fr the ASX.

Does anyone here have experience on trading the open on the ASX? Is there volatility that can be found ahead of time and traded? If so, any tips on how I would find that volatility?

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.