BDX 0.00% 13.5¢ bcal diagnostics limited

Question on BCAL patent application

1. 3 Posts.
    I'm looking at a patent that BCAL filed (found it on the WIPO PATENTSCOPE databse) From my understanding, when I read the International Search Report within the document, this patent has been / will be rejected? What am I missing? DO they have other patents approved elsewhere?

Application Number: 2023258393
    Application Date: 10.05.2023
    Publication Date: 30.11.2023

"The only feature common to all of the claimed inventions and which provides a technical relationship among them is a method for diagnosing breast cancer in a subject comprising measuring the level of a lipid biomarker in a biological sample from the subject, However this feature does not make a contribution over the prior art because it is disclosed in:

US 2018/0106808 A1 (Rush University Medical Center) 19 April 2018

Therefore, in the light of this document this common feature cannot be a special technical feature. Therefore there is no special technical feature common to all the claimed inventions and the requirements for unity of invention are consequently not satisfied a posteriori.

Furthermore, the measurement of each lipid biomarkers within each invention group may be considered to be directed to a different invention"

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BDX (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.