SBN 0.00% 0.0¢ sun biomedical limited

I believe it's the speed and accuracy that Oraline boasts over...

1. 3,657 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 533
    I believe it's the speed and accuracy that Oraline boasts over other tests and it's ability to test for numerous drugs accurately. I understand from their preso they are working on improvements now- I would guess they are trying to make improvements over any existing products.

In the law enforcement market, police testing drivers would want speed and accuracy to be a priority, and workplaces (think mining) similar.

There's a small article here which talks about the comparison between workplace site based testing and laboratory testing, and the need for accuracy in onsite testing:

http://www.medvet.com.au/our-services/drug-and-alcohol-policy-programs-and-testing/drug-and-alcohol-testing/drug-and-alcohol-testing

"For oral fluid drug test kits, ensure the device has a certificate of compliance to AS 4760 issued by an independent laboratory.

Be aware not all oral fluid devices are created equal. For example, the kit may test for the metabolite and not the parent compound of cannabis, which means marijuana, will not be detected using this kit as the compound has not been metabolised through the liver.

Employees who produce a negative result on site are able to return to work immediately.

If an employee produces a sample requiring further investigation (i.e. non-negative), the Responsible Manager will be notified and follows your company procedures as outlined in your drug and alcohol policy.

The sample requiring further investigation will be sent to a NATA accredited laboratory for confirmatory testing. Once the confirmed result has been returned to you from the laboratory, Medvet can help you with result interpretation, or if interpretation is not required, the procedure for managing the employee as outlined in your policy. The result is usually available within 2 business days of receipt in the laboratory.

On-site testing can be conducted by Medvet Collectors as part of your drug and alcohol testing program or you can train your staff to collect in accordance with AS/NZS 4308:2008 or AS 4760. This gives you flexibility to test your own staff at any time."

There's a lot more info online- the question is can SBN make improvements that beat competitors and protect these improvements?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SBN (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.