re: probing - question re gold co valuation method Hi probing,...

1. 228 Posts.
    re: probing - question re gold co valuation method Hi probing, well I have very scant technical understanding of the mining sector, but I have always done OK.

I don't know how to do a resource estimate. But once the company has released this resource estimate, you know it has been prepared according to standards and it is usually reliable.

If you look at a company like OXR, all the information is out there for you to do you own valuation (check out the Denver presentation slides). Gold and copper resource/reserve estimates, cash costs (estimate and actual), mining rates per year (estimates and actual), historical financials.

I would probably not succeed in valuing a company before it gets to the bankable feasibility stage. But once it reaches BFS, no worries, you have all you need.

If you want to get an education in doing it yourself, just start reading broker's valuation reports. You can often find them free on the company website (eg. Amity Oil). For other free recommendations and analysis, check out Dryblower (at www.egoli.com.au), and fareastcapital.com.au.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.