Question time

1. 83,404 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    I think it was scott who put up a thread about the amount of questions put up in parliament and how it could be timewasting or not

Personally I think that the bigger issue of question time - by any opposition - but, atm -

let's say by Dudd's mob - AND Jaquie Lambie and teals and greens as well ---------- is not what they are asking -------

it's what they are NOT asking

So, instead of complaints or opinions on if asking about the cost of paper is ok or not ---

I wouldn't say 'who cares' -------------- BUT I would say -------- why are opposition parliamentarians NOT asking questions like -------

'what is the government going to do about arresting the haemorrhage of STEMS qualified Australians who are going overseas in a STEMS brain drain?' and 'what is the government going to do to greatly increase STEMS education and research funding that has been massively eroding in the last years?'

These are the kind of questions that oppositions should be asking governments - why?

because it's federal parliament - and parliament is there for the nation - and the nation is at huge risk by the dismal state of these kinds of foundational weaknesses -

particularly in this time of massive technological change, of increasing risk of conflict near home and in an era where some are talking about very complex large projects which totally rely on such skills as STEM

where is the opposition on these kinds of questions?????? ---------- the country is dying -

and it's not because of whatever the hell is happening to the photocopy paper

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.