LNC 0.00% 99.5¢ linc energy ltd

question to hot copperites, page-2

1. 4,783 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 149
    Hey not just that, but work with me on this

Perhaps some others here can help me fill in the blanks

Chinchilla is a plot of land 10 x 12km

Linc have said that its useful life of that one small insignificant plot of coal can produce 9000PetaJoules of gas. 9 thousand.

The ENTIRE Qld gas industry produced 112 Pj of gas last year

The Qld govt has just done all this CSG stuff in regards to producing gas for power generation.

My understanding is that to get a “Train” up and running you need a supply of 250pj of gas to supply feed it.

If ALL they are producing is 112Pj, how on earth could they supply 250 to make this CSG stuff viable for power generation. Ie how do they convert that to LNG?

Can Linc produce PJ of gas for at ~ 80c Pj, compare with CSG at $2.70 to $3.20 Pj?

How close to Chinchilla is the Arrow pipeline which linc could tap into to move gas they could produce at chinchilla?

Billa Wheeler (?) is 80-odd kms from Gladstone.

Are we missing something here?

Why aren’t Linc simply using Chinchilla to produce Gas and they can wipe out the viability of the entire Qld gas and CSG industry overnight?

The question is thus how much $ would it take to turn Chinchilla into a Yergostaz where it just produced gas, and how many wells would be required to produce that gas?

I can’t think of much more I’d rather do than see one fart from Chinchilla stick it to the Qld Gas industry, and to see Linc exploit the coal in SA, and both stick it on a train and send it north, and burn it to supply Olympic Dam, and sell the stuff at Theresa to fund a plant in SA.

Like I say, this one has been in the back of my mind for quite a while.

I wondered if PB was holding back on it while finalising the coal sale, but seeing that is either soon, or not at all, maybe he will move on to that at some stage?

Any thoughts, and can anyone flush out my numbers more correctly. It really is back of envelope stuff

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LNC (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.