as a tradie i can safely say CASH IS KING!!!! is it the tradies...

1. 67 Posts.
    as a tradie i can safely say CASH IS KING!!!! is it the tradies fault? hell no!!!

and tradies are prolly better trained now then they used to be!!!

what about the materials?? thats where things go downhill..

say im doing a 10 grand job for you at your house... sounds alot i know.. but not when you break it down into the real world... $1000 bucks for labour.. $9000 for materials...

where can i make my money??? ill go find that same material (maybe less of, less quality etc. ).. for $8000..another grand in my pocket..

us tradies have to battle for our hourly wage.. qld electrical asoc said qld sparkies should be charging $80bucks an hour to survive.. some charge $40.. why? cause people get up in arms and go nuts! so tradies buy the cheap shit! but aussies dont care what their house is made of because HOUSE PRICES ALWAYS GO UP RIGHT? investors dont care what their rentors live in.. and why would they>? and what about the renovator?? they just have to get things lookin good and last for a couple of months to get it sold and moved on...

so new houses are cheap.. what about old???

i almost bought my first home last yr with the boost.. houses up to 500k (10yrs+ old).. they were holes!!!! sure hard wood is nice and strong.. and bricks and "they dont make em like they used to".. but they were ALL HOLES!!!

i couldnt believe the prices ppl were paying for these homes so i didnt buy....

in conclusion... tradies do build things UP TO STANDARD dont get me wrong... BUT are they as strong as a new 1960's house? no... 1970..1980..1990??? u want a house built out of hardwood, marble etc these days i hope ur a millionare..i wonder what the quality of todays new houses will be like in 20 yrs?

funny how your mortgage will prolly outlast your house..

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.