EMP 9.09% 1.2¢ emperor energy limited

I think some people on here need to be a bit more patient.It was...

1. 3,089 Posts.
    I think some people on here need to be a bit more patient.
    It was exactly 4 months ago that the Native Title Tribunal ruled that OBL's case could go to determination.

During at least the last month, public servants and lawyers and possibly OBL directors, would have gone on holidays.
    Most public servants will probably not get back to work until at least the middle of next week. Then, it takes a week or two to get back up to speed and for hearing into native titles claims to resume (I am guessing this is the way it will work, having been a public servant myself at one stage in my life).

This is a complex issue and it involves millions of dollars.
    You only have to read the transcript from the 6th Sept 12, to get an idea of how complex. You can be pretty sure that the lawyers for OBL, have told the OBL Directors not to issue any statements, emails or written notes that might be able to be produced in Court.

On top of that and due to the potential for millions of dollars to be made, OBL will have more than it's share of enemies out there, I would guess - enemies who would like to get hold of this deal for themselves.
    I think we can consider ourselves lucky we have Twiggy Forrest on our team. He has a reputation for supporting the local indigenous people. I read recently (in 'The Australian' I believe) that 10 per cent of his Pilbara workforce are indigenous workers. This has got to carry a lot of weight with the local indigenous people who want to negotiate a good deal for themselves and their families out of this.

Sure there are risks in that things may not work out the way OBL shareholders want - but there are risks in all stocks these days, big companies down to the minnows. In some cases it is unforeseen foreign country risks, such as happened to LYC and IAU in the last 12 months.
    For others, it may be financial risks - check out ELD and see what the sp is worth today, compared to a few years ago.
    So even the biggest can fall flat on their faces.

OBL's biggest risk may be a political one, imo. On one hand, We have a Federal Govt that seems to be anti-mining and appears to be clueless on how to run a business and what is involved. To his credit, Tony Burke at least seems to be more to the right of the loonie lefties in his party.
    However, anyone who has followed the James Price Point saga, will be well aware of the other big risk......the greenies, the far left and others who do not want development to occur in the Canning Basin, or anywhere else for that matter.

On the positive side, we have the WA Govt who are very much pro mining and pro development and we have the biggest risk taker of them all, in Twiggy who luckily for us, has chosen to jump aboard and give OBL the due diligence checkovers.
    If anyone understands the risks posed by enemies, it is Twiggy, I would think. Only a few years ago, all I ever read in the financial newspapers, were people from the big end of town, down to the greenies, trying to cut Twiggy and FMG off at the knees. 'THe tall Poppy' syndrome, as Aussies
    like to call it. These people hated (probably still do) the fact that he took the risks and took on the debt and has come out the other side with a truly big mining company.
    These days, Twiggy can negotiate deals measured in Billions of dollars. So I do not think the $14 million or whatever it is, being invested into OBL, is what he would consider a 'big risk'.

At the same time, Twiggy will want to see the Native title issue sorted out....same as we all do.
    but, as 'Sir Humphrey' on "Yes Minister" (an unofficial training manual for some public servants) used to say:

"Everything will happen in the fullness of time, Minister".

Lawyers get paid by the hour. Public servants get paid, regardless of the outcome. For the risk takers, i.e. the OBL Directors and us shareholders, it is a waiting game.
    Last but not least, check the sp of OBL exactly one year ago. I think you will find it was around 2 cents per share.
    Compare that to other companies you may hold.

I have waffled on long enough. All of the above is my personal opinion. It is not investment advice, or based on any other knowledge than what I have read in newspapers or other public sources. It is based on sheer, old fashioned, common sense which as it turns out, seems to be not so common after all. Yes, there is risk, so as always DYOR.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add EMP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.2¢
Change
0.001(9.09%)
Mkt cap ! $4.602M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.2¢ 1.2¢ 1.2¢ $500 41.66K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 1057850 1.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.2¢ 808333 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.21pm 26/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
EMP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.