question

1. 238 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 7
    To those who wish they had my problem - I am really sorry. Please understand this 'luck' did Not come quickly or easily.

I am feeling overwhelmed by the recent massive increase in the value of our house - bought 5 years ago for 460k. Yesterday our neighbour sold his beautifully presented home for $785k. previous neighbourhood high was 660K 3 months ago! We are obviously in a Very Hot Spot. Who would have thought it could happen to a nurse and a tradie!

Ours is similar size but brick, on a much bigger block with oversize double garage And beautiful/unique views from the rear.

Before we spent any more money I'm sure we too could go to auction and get 850K easily. 950 if we fixed the roof on the deck (to add the popular Wow factor).

Our mortgage is 350k. Our combined super is only $150K

My husband earns a minimum wage. I work part time and earn @ 60k/pa. We will both turn 55 later this year. Until yesterday we had planned to ride this wave and hang on to this place for as long as possible - to keep this golden house in the family. Now - well I can see so many Options that neither of us has ever had before.
    1. sell and move into our investment property (owned 105% by the bank) on Sydney fringe. Pay off both mortgages!
    2. sell, Retire. Buy a cheap house in the country, travel
    3. rent this place out + move into investment property -its quite liveable just needs new garage. My husband would hate the added time in the traffic tho.

If any HC posters have time to let their imaginations and calculators run wild Please give me some great advise. Prior to buying the investment property in December I did go to a financial planner - whose smarmy condescending rudeness regarding hubby's income and paltry super was truly outrageous.
    Reverse sexism? Heaven help us if the govt. expects people our age to take financial advise from people who have no respect. Anyway, I'm hoping some of you here can help me to think this through. Thank You.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.