From the perspective of a PhD Communication student, I have to...

1. 2,172 Posts.
    From the perspective of a PhD Communication student, I have to say it's disturbing to see that so much attention is attributed to the Macrobusiness blog and so many consider the blog to be either objective or unbiased.

What is Marobusiness...a charity that wants to better mankind...or a bunch of people who want to make money?

The first thing any media business does is identity its target audience. The second is to frame and disseminate information to capture the attention of the business's target audience and sell it to advertisers.

With that said, its clearly obvious that Macrobusiness's target audience are:

1. People that are ideologically opposed to property as a form of investment.
    2. People who want to buy property but can't afford to buy where they want so they hope that prices will fall.

Note that the two above groups are not necessarily mutually exclusive).

That is why whenever I receive an email from Macrobusiness the headline contains something about housing and the blog allocates so much of its space to articles and commentary that are anti-property such as the thesis written by one of Keen's disciples-Philip Soos.

So perhaps the bloggers at Macrobusiness should get off their high horse and stop pretending that they are anything other than money grabbing business people who construct and disseminate spin ...just like News Ltd and Fairfax.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.