GBG 0.00% 2.9¢ gindalbie metals ltd

Major, "all these economists and analysts coming out of the...

1. 9,811 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1243
    Major,

"all these economists and analysts coming out of the woodwork forecasting a recovery in late 09 early 2010, are the same ones that 18 months ago were talking about a decades long prosperity derived through China's unstoppable growth"

LOL you hit it on the head. Have be reading many reports I get access to via work and contacts and last night finished a 76 pager "2009 Global Survey of Investment and Ecomonic Expectations - Expert views". It compiled 104 investment managers opinions and as you said a majority on all counts suggesting a bottom for - equity markets, US housing, interest rates, inflation etc - in Q3-Q4 2009. Despite all agreeing GFC is the biggest event since 1929-32. Markets in US still 45% above the LT trend line whereas during the Great Depression they got 75% below it and weren't as far above it the trend to start with in 1929 as we got in 2007....Hmmm.

Money to be made however in 2009 and the only thing I'd agree with "the experts" is that they have mostly concluded you now need to take profits and when they arise and be nibble.

Cheers
    Denial

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GBG (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.