GBG 0.00% 2.9¢ gindalbie metals ltd

Why Denial, do you want to be best man? Actually the way female...

1. 897 Posts.
    Why Denial, do you want to be best man?

Actually the way female posters on here are treated is abominable.
    I don't think I could ever stand any poster who was so thin skinned that they couldn't handle healthy critisism. I presumed most posters were adult market participants, not sookies crying for posts to be deleted. But then, what would you expect from a fee site?

Thanks for the "water" info Denial, quality as usual. thanks also for the info the other day re, analyst expectations.

The "worlds best Treasurer" Paul Keating, on Lateline last night suggested the US will suffer this recession for 6-7 years at least. I've heard others say Obama will need a minimum two terms to see any improvement. The days of the US leading the world out of this kind of situation is well and truly over in Keatings eyes, (and everyone else's I think).

He sees China and India (and maybe Russia even) as the states that will lead the globe out of this mess but had no idea when. He stated clearly that the situation globally and in Australia was far worse than it appears. He wants the IMF and G7 scrapped and new bodies that are more accepting of the status of China and India, established in their place. If nothing else, he's always interesting to listen too!

Also last night, on the 7.30 report, which featured the head of the Minerals council, suggested the recent mining boom was dead and buried. It will need a new start, which will happen, but no-one knows when! 12 -18 months was the minimum outlook.

A situation now exists at many mines where the price of the commodities, are actually lower than the cost of production. Hence they are being shutdown.

When I mention the price of IO being crucial to GBG and its shareprice , a few people dispute the correlation I make. But the proof is there, and worse for GBG shareholders is that Ansteel will still want the ore regardless of the price, so GBG shareholders may find production continuing at very low profit levels or worse.

Thats the downside to having a powerful partner that owns two thirds of your main asset.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GBG (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.