PGM 28.6% 2.7¢ platina resources limited

Hi PingalingGenerally anything under 2g Au/ton is not considered...

1. 295 Posts.
    Hi Pingaling
    Generally anything under 2g Au/ton is not considered great although the large inferred resource might compensate. However inferred resource is not proven. Is anyone aware of the indicated resource? Being under the sea sounds like it may have access problems. Having pre-feasibility so far away is also not good. Sounds like a slow moving company to me and I'm weary without open pit access. Think I'll stick to IGR!

For your information I have copied the following interview:

Here's part of an interview of Frank Holmes on Goldseek:-

TGR: What criteria do you use to evaluate juniors?

FH: Unless they have two grams of gold (per ton) or a million ounces, junior explorers have been drifting lower and lower. Historically in situ reserves have traded at one-tenth of an ounce of gold. So, if gold is $600, then your reserves are worth $60 per ounce. When gold was $300, they were worth $30. That was the model for determining a fair market cap for junior explorers. With gold at $850, these companies should be worth $85 per ounce of reserves, but they’re not. This amazes us. And when one of these companies is bought out, it’s usually paid more than the ten times ratio. But valuations are now drifting down to $40 and $35 per ounce. So the market is basically valuing a company that has 8 million ounces as if it had only 4 million ounces.

TGR: This is a short-term phenomenon, right?

FH: Yes.

TGR: So, when this situation changes, how quickly will producers and majors start buying up the juniors?

FH: That’s a different point. The seniors are going to buy only those juniors that have two grams of gold per ton or a million ounces. The other juniors will just work their way out of the system or go bankrupt.

TGR: What other criteria do you use to evaluate juniors?

FH: We ask some simple questions: Is the CEO technically competent? That is, is he a geologist? If not, that may be okay, but does he have a broad network to make up for that lack of technical knowledge? Does he know the newsletter writers, like Doug Casey, for instance? Does he know the investment bankers?

We’ve found that if the CEO does not know the Street, and doesn’t know the newsletter writers, it doesn’t matter if he’s a geologist or an engineer. There’s going to be no liquidity in the company’s stock, unless there is a multimillion-ounce discovery with a grade of greater than 2 grams per ton. But if you have a company whose CEO knows lots of newsletter writers, gets lots of coverage, knows the value in the Street and gets research for it, that company is going to have a higher price-to-book valuation, which makes it a much more attractive investment.

TGR: Anything else you look for?

FH: Financing is crucial. Companies that are rapidly spending money are going to run out of cash in about six months. The market undervalues them until they have financing in place.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PGM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
2.7¢
Change
0.006(28.6%)
Mkt cap ! $16.82M
Open High Low Value Volume
2.1¢ 2.7¢ 2.1¢ $28.13K 1.112M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 50000 2.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
2.7¢ 148726 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PGM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.