AVR 3.87% $14.42 anteris technologies ltd

Here is Cameron Dick's ministerial statement on this US trade...

1. 611 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 122
    Here is Cameron Dick's ministerial statement on this US trade mission;

https://www.parliament.qld.gov.au/documents/hansard/2016/2016_11_02_DAILY.pdf

Hon. CR DICK (Woodridge—ALP) (Minister for Health and Minister for Ambulance Services) (2.23 pm):

"I wish to advise the House of my recent trade mission to two of the world’s major healthcare markets—the United States of America and China. I was accompanied by leaders of the Queensland health industry from organisations such as QIMR Berghofer, Life Sciences Queensland, Tunstall Healthcare, PresCare, the Queensland Brain Institute and James Cook University.

In the United States, I addressed the AdvaMed international reception in Minneapolis which was attended by over 300 international guests. I spoke of Queensland’s growing reputation as a destination of choice for innovation and investment in the health industries, and our excellent reputation in medical research. I met with the CEOs of some of the world’s best medical and health organisations and gave them a more in-depth run-down of Queensland’s capabilities.

I opened the Minneapolis headquarters of Admedus, an innovative company that is translating Queensland’s research, including Professor Ian Frazer’s next generation vaccines, into new global products. We look forward to collaborating with Admedus in the near future. With the support of our colleagues from Trade & Investment Queensland, a memorandum of understanding was signed between Queensland Health and the Zhejiang province in China. It is expected another MOU will be signed with the Sichuan province when we host a government delegation in the coming months.

The memorandum encourages the sharing of expertise in critical areas such as policy and regulation, technology solutions, primary care, aged care and the treatment of communicable diseases. These collaborations open the door to more innovative solutions and better health outcomes for Queenslanders, and will help to connect our industries. The Asia-Pacific region is the fastest growing healthcare market in the world, with the Chinese government predicted to spend $1.3 trillion a year on health care by 2020. There are opportunities for both our public and private providers of healthcare services and our universities and medical research institutes, particularly in the areas of aged care, telehealth, planning and training.

While on the trade mission, Life Sciences Queensland also signed an agreement with the Zhejiang Council for Health Services Promotion to stimulate direct business-to-business trade and development. Building on the work of Trade & Investment Queensland, the trade mission succeeded in building relationships focused on health with two of our most important trading partners. With an emphasis on creating the knowledge industries of the future, these relationships will bear fruit in terms of economic opportunities and completing the objectives of the government’s Advance Queensland and Advancing Health 2026 visions."

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVR (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.