IGR 0.00% 50.0¢ integra mining limited

questions for c. cairns, page-36

1. 6,439 Posts.
    On the subject of dividends, the following extract from the recent AGM address of IGR's better performing neighbour is of particular interest:

"On the subject of finance, I would also like to touch on our dividend policy as we are sometimes asked by shareholders about when we are going to pay a dividend. To date, we have decided not to do so given our growth strategy. I would ask shareholders to consider the scenario where a successful exploration dollar is spent by S***** L***. For example:
    • Every 1c dividend (fully diluted) would reduce our cash by about A$2m.
    • If we applied that same A$2m to successful exploration at our average discovery cost of A$10/oz, then we would hopefully increase our resource base by 200,000oz. This increase in resource base potentially equates to an increase in our market capitalisation of A$50m of market capital or about A$0.20 per share. This is back of the envelope maths, but hopefully it illustrates the potential impact of exploration success compared to a modest dividend. It also again underscores our continued commitment to growth and exploration. Nevertheless, we will continue to review our dividend policy over time."

Cheers

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IGR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.