I didn't intend to come across as suggesting that they should...

1. 241 Posts.
    I didn't intend to come across as suggesting that they should build. Just that in the absence of any hard offer they should continue with whatever strategy they had before this "potential buyer" and government grants.
    In the absence of any information on their circumstances I can only assume that they have done due diligence on their pre-existing strategy which appears to be a subdivision. If they actually get an offer then of course consider it, but I wouldn't change my strategy based on ifs and maybes.

Personally, if it was me, I would just hold onto it and "land bank". I believe(d) Perth was at or near the bottom around end of last year (for a number of reasons I wont get into), but the effect of unforeseeable COVID and China issues is yet to be seen. If everything goes tits up with China I wouldn't want to be sitting on a pile of debt, and if it all blows over I wouldn't want to sell at the bottom of the market. That being said, if they sell and buy in the same market it makes little difference what stage of the cycle it is. (All based on my personal circumstances of course)

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.