Thanks to everyone for getting on board with this.Updating what...

1. 956 Posts.
    Thanks to everyone for getting on board with this.

Updating what is already here, I have been to a meeting with my MP, Alex Somilay, who showed a great deal of interest to my presentation. Mr Somilay is the MP who raised the issue of Storm Financial / Banks with Swan.

I raised the issue of Algorithmic Trading with Mr Somilay last Monday, presenting him with certain details most of which has been discussed here and on other HC stock forums, in written form. He is very interested and will raise the issue with another representative (with whom I hope to soon have a meeting)

His comment was, that he alone cannot do anything regardless of his personal sentiment, and in order to bring this issue to the forefront we have to approach all members of the Federal Parliament both the reps and the senate, to bring these issues to their attention from our level and then for them to instigate a investigation by either the house of reps or a senate enquiry.

It had been therefore my intention to assemble a collage of information in precis form to present to all members of parliament and I see this is already well under way.

Mr Somilay pointed out that we may not be able to generate the attention this matter deserves in the short term as now is definitely a lead-up to an Election.

My viewpoint is contrary to that - I believe that this matter can become an election issue if we can educate the politicians. The problem is as we have discussed, a lack of understanding by the lawmakers of the activities central to the issue.

We therefore must make appointments and visit our local reps, as well as our senators (all of them) in order to educate them. Otherwise it is perceived as "too hard to understand" and our efforts will get us nowhere.

Stumacca (at) hotmail (dot) com

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.