BUD 0.00% 0.6¢ buddy technologies ltd

I'm pretty happy with the presentation today. There was some...

1. 792 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 88
    I'm pretty happy with the presentation today. There was some acknowledgment of past mistakes in communication and to be honest I'm not surprised that the initial version of Buddy Ohm did not land as expected in the market. It's a new frontier - mistakes will be made.

My key positive takeouts (interpretations) were:
    • LIFX growth on track including likelihood of breakeven and profit by calendar year end
    • LIFX sales skewed to December quarter so expect big numbers at end calendar 2019
    • Very importantly LIFX missed out on $10m of sales last year by not being able to fund stock. They said they have funding to absorb higher orders this year which is great and may bode well for the second half of calendar 2019
    • Ohm technology to be integrated with LIFX as soon as possible
    • New Ohm hardware to be far more cost effective so new client engagements can be easier to sell / less costly to the end user
    • Real opportunity in using their technology to help client like Thor integrate smart tech into their products - and this relationship is profitable so they want to replicate that with other businesses over time
    • Ohm to be refocused with better features to sell to clients that have a pain point - being audit & compliance reporting. Original Ohm product and service was not flexible or comprehensive enough for this
    • Recognition that using Ohm for energy savings is not a high demand category and cost of implementation often outweighs gains at this point

I am not an up-ramper. I'm a small shareholder taking an interest in how this progresses and whether their new initiatives will bear fruit. I've been disappointed like most other holders with the progress / indulgent promises to date and still question the reverse takeover with LIFX - it's now very different company to what I invested in to begin with. However, I like the concept and want to see where it goes in 2019/20.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BUD (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.