BUD 0.00% 0.6¢ buddy technologies ltd

Questions for the Webinar, page-235

1. 2,113 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1436
    Personally speaking, I am glad that the primary focus (for now) is on LiFX. It is an established business with a proven business model for this stage of its life cycle and with huge potential. But along with the huge potential are obviously huge challenges...and not just the challenge of achieving 70-100% top line growth and aiming for the higher permonace reward triggering revenue targets beyond that. But they also have the challenge of maintaining this in the face of what will inevitably be a more competitive and price sensitive environment. And of course, the real biggie for me, which is parlaying any LiFX IP beyond just being a smart lighting company. I have no reason to believe that the talent within LiFX can not achieve this, especially now that the acquisition by BUD has given them access to public capital to fund this.

Meanwhile, there is hopefully less focus and emphasis on Ohm. Not to ease the path to oblivion by Xmas as you predict, but to establish itself slowly and iteratively without the pressure of expectation or the burden of driving near term market value. Because I see the “making spaces smarter” opportunity as being hugely lucrative if we can develop a ‘service’ that actually does what it says and also provides a customer ROI, while also driving recurring revenues for us. And because I think it will take time and trial and error before someone conceives, designs and delivers the magic service. And because I believe that it is more likely that such a company will emerge from a player with mileage under their belt in this field, rather than a first time new entrant (as Ohm Mk1). An insider rather than an outsider, so to speak. Of course, no guarantee of success, and perhaps more unlikely than likely....but a successful LiFX affords BUD the opportunity to chase this if they can pare costs and operate smart and under the radar. To give up by Xmas would be turning their back on a huge opportunity.

This might be beyond what is being envisaged by the company...but I hope not. In fact, I suspect not.

All IMO & GLTA.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BUD (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.