MVP 1.11% 45.5¢ medical developments international limited

Hi Sojourner, In a similar boat and I think your concerns about...

1. CPR
    5 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5
    Hi Sojourner,
    In a similar boat and I think your concerns about IP are worth some consideration. See following discussion between JS and Alan Kohler below

I would say there are vulnerabilities with regard to IP, despite the fact that methoxyflurane is quite difficult to manufacture. There has also I believe been comments relating to the delivery device IP ownership by MVP (eg. the actual green whistle). The delivery devices are very simple devices which vaporize the liquid for inhalational use (could be replicated easily). However these do obviously require a process of testing/validation over time to meet standards and get to market. With enough financial motivation I think a big pharma would be able to overcome these issues of manufacture of the drug and delivery to patient. Probably key for MVP is to establish themselves as a market/brand leader worldwide.
    Additionally it does sound like their continuous flow manufacturing process is quite ahead of the game and may moving forward offer significant competitive advantage (subsequent manufacture cost and eventual price points etc.) if there was competition in this space a significant time down the track.

from recent interview
    "
    Are you absolutely convinced that no-one else can come up with a non-opioid effective pain relief as Penthrox is?Yeah, we are absolutely convinced. Penthrox is a very tricky thing to make. We have our new continuous flow technology which gives us a competitive advantage around manufacturing efficiencies and cost. The drug itself is a generic, so it’s been around for 40 years. There’s no patent protection over the drug itself but there is patent protection over the deliver devices and intellectual property around making it.Right, but the fact that it’s a generic drug means that others can produce it, right?Yeah, if they can. It’s not an easy thing to make. Look, I think when we get to half the numbers that we’ve been talking about earlier in the “blue sky” discussion, then obviously people will be tempted. But for the moment, and for the years gone by, it hasn’t been an issue."

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MVP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
45.5¢
Change
0.005(1.11%)
Mkt cap ! $40.56M
Open High Low Value Volume
45.0¢ 48.0¢ 45.0¢ $17.35K 36.58K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 8523 46.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
47.0¢ 1600 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 11.42am 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
46.5¢
  Change
0.005 ( 5.32 %)
Open High Low Volume
45.5¢ 46.5¢ 45.5¢ 2228
Last updated 13.22pm 03/05/2024 ?
MVP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.