RED 1.11% 44.5¢ red 5 limited

Questions on the report.

1. 748 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 187
    After reading the report several times I have a couple of questions that I would like to throw out for discussion.
    Firstly. The main body of the report indicates that the open pit mining schedule will be based on the ore reserve, 1.7 mt for 181k of gold. However in the appendix there is the following statement "Inferred mineral resources have been used to derive the overall mine production schedule, but have been excluded from the financial model when determining if the indicated resource can be economically mined and hence converted to a probable ore reserve."
    Does this mean the intent is to mine the 5.8 mt of ore in the inferred and indicated resources giving 490k of gold? Besides dramatically increasing gold production from the 181k stated in the report, the mining of 5.8 mt of ore will push out the life of the open pit several years, well and truly overlapping UG operations.
    The second point I would like help with has to do with the impairment. The impairment is expected to be $50-60 mil because of the exclusion of 74k of gold. Does this include the cost saving of not having to remove the waste material to get to the ore that has been excluded from the pit reserve or is it the value of the gold they think that is unavailable for future sale? From the sketch of the x section this could be very serious amount of waste.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RED (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
44.5¢
Change
-0.005(1.11%)
Mkt cap ! $1.541B
Open High Low Value Volume
44.5¢ 45.0¢ 43.0¢ $10.42M 23.50M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
13 923494 44.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
45.0¢ 695828 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 19/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
RED (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.