VUL 4.92% $3.20 vulcan energy resources limited

Questions on Vulcan from a beginner

1. 384 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 77
    I think I introduced myself a while ago - I'm now a small shareholder in Vulcan and a few other Lithium DLE projects. I passed some info on to a friend of mine who works in the power business but doesn't have much knowledge of Lithium and he came back with a few pointers...if anyone has the time or interest to answer a few of these it would be helpful for me and maybe others watching this develop....I'm invested myself because I realise things could change very quickly and don't want to miss the early rally but still trying to learn a lot more before adding to my position.
    Anyone know why they listed in Oz and not Europe? Anyway, a few of his thoughts below that I wanted to share...and yes he can be a bit of a cynic.
    • Geothermal power generation is trickier than it seems. Contamination of the water/steam is a major problem leading to corrosion of the turbine and fouling/restriction of sub surface pipes. To avoid this most systems are closed loop. They call their system a closed loop system but it cannot be if they want to scavenge lithium. The system is closed loop above ground but the wells are open. To flush out the lithium this system has to be open loop with associated problems. The brine will contain many different salts besides the sought after lithium. Constant re-drilling of bore holes and high maintenance costs will be required. They have bought 2 drilling rigs. Better to use O&G contractors with higher expertise. Most geothermal plants in SE Asia were started or are associated with the national Oil & Gas Company
    • Geothermal steam turbines are different to coalfired plants which are high temperature (600°C+) highpressure and high efficiency. A geothermal unit is low temperature (160°C in this case) and therefore low pressure requiring much higher flowsof steam to operated.

Geothermal steam turbines are different to coalfired plants which are high temperature (600°C+) highpressure and high efficiency. A geothermal unit is low temperature (160°C in this case) and therefore low pressure requiring much higher flowsof steam to operate.

Geothermal steam turbines are different to coalfired plants which are high temperature (600°C+) highpressure and high efficiency. A geothermal unit is low temperature (160°C in this case) and therefore low pressure requiring much higher flowsof steam to operate.

Very few good suppliers of geothermal steamturbines. MHPS of Japan probably the best. Long lead times for geothermal powerplants. Current set up has district heating which is costly and time consumingto install. Assume future plants will focus on electric generation.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add VUL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.20
Change
0.150(4.92%)
Mkt cap ! $550.6M
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.10 $3.24 $3.07 $2.252M 709.9K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 400 $3.18

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.20 8858 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/04/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$3.18
  Change
0.150 ( 4.20 %)
Open High Low Volume
$3.06 $3.23 $3.06 29465
Last updated 15.59pm 26/04/2024 ?
VUL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.