BRM 0.00% $2.53 brockman resources limited

questions re bhp and detrital, page-3

1. 1,104 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 11
    Mike, I'm no geologist or mining expert, but I understand the term detrital to refer to the nature of the ore body prior to its extraction. Once the detrital ore has been beneficiated, it has similar properties to DSO.

The detrital ore is a loose mix of the same elements that make up the CID, but in differing percentages. The detrital has higher levels of alumina and silica compared to the CID, but much of it is removed through various mechanical means. The end product is iron ore that can be mixed with other iron ore and which can be fed into blast furnaces. Although the BRM detrital has higher levels of alumina and silica compared to its CID deposits, it can be mixed with low alumina/silica ore by the steel makers. WR has consistently said that he is confident the detrital will attract market rates without penalty for the elevated alumina and silica levels. Somehow I don't think the market has taken his assurances on board and are still waiting for offtake agreements that reflect his confidence.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BRM (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.