GOR 0.92% $1.62 gold road resources limited

Mr TP, I take your point, re: investors entering data into...

1. 5,219 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3888
    Mr TP, I take your point, re: investors entering data into MapInfo. This is an excellent point that you highlight.

Even though I can enter data into MapInfo, and model that data, it is the interpretation of the modeling that seems most critical.

I am not a Geologist, though I have been a database designer and analyst. Even amongst geologists, one gets different perspectives and opinions on the same data set, kind of like the medical profession, where a set of symptoms presented to 10 diagnosticians results in 6 or 7 probable diagnoses.

This is where vast experience can never be under-estimated.

I have been running the MapInfo over Convergent Minerals, and their gold project at Mount Holland. It looks excellent, but like I say, I am not a geologist. It certainly looks better than GOR though, and with 240m shares quoted and a price of 2.2 cents seems ridiculously undervalued, not withstanding they also have an experienced technical board, and also gold at the Ismeralda project in Queensland, which is also looking very good.

I would like your opinion on Convergent if you have time, feel free to provide it on the CVG thread. Convergent provide lots of good technical information for inputing to MapInfo.

As for GOR, well, like most people here I am in the red, and it looks like it will stay that way for some time. There were analysts and newsletters pushing GOR at one stage a year ago, hence the price spike. I wonder at the veracity of that information now. All small cap gold stocks are down now, some more than others, so it is a good time to identify the ones that are down the most and analyse the reasons for this. Those may be the ones to avoid. GOR may end up being a tax loss stock for me come June 2013, especially if the loss drops me into the next lowest tax bracket, at least I will have gotten something out of it.

But you never know what is out there, and when you get a company with huge tenements in the middle of unexplored regions, who are quite happy to drill across the landscape and turn it into something of a driller's pin cushion, sometimes they get lucky and hit something worthwhile. The odds are not good, I know, but that is when luck can reveal it's intangible nature.

Perhaps GOR are going to need that kind of luck to be successful.

Gw

There are Bulls, Bears and Pigs. Bulls and Bears each have their days, but Pigs always end up in the slaughterhouse.
    (Peter Granditch)

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.62
Change
-0.015(0.92%)
Mkt cap ! $1.749B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.64 $1.65 $1.61 $5.129M 3.160M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 17294 $1.61

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.62 13942 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 17/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
GOR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.