LYC 0.63% $6.41 lynas rare earths limited

Questions...

1. 1,269 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1924
    I contacted Lynas with a couple of questions and they were kind enough to answer the questions promptly and completely.  I thought I would post this for everyone to share...

First I was curious as to whether or not Lynas personnel followed Hot Copper. They responded with the following...

"I confirm that we do follow HotCopper. As you mentioned, it would not be appropriate for us to be a participant, however we do regularly review the comments."

My second question concerned the possibility of a 1-10 reverse split...

"Concerning a share consolidation, we agree that there is likely to be some merit in such a step. Two relevant considerations are:

1. It can only be done with shareholder approval, and therefore the annual AGM would be an appropriate time for such a step.

2. Ideally, such a step wouldn’t be taken as a standalone transaction. Even though, in theory, following a 10 for 1 consolidation, the share price should simply multiply by 10, there’s no guarantee of no loss of shareholder value immediately following the consolidation.

Therefore, while our main focus will remain on improving the fundamentals of the business, there is likely to be some merit in a share consolidation at some point in the future."

We have a little time before the next AGM but it is interesting and even encouraging to see that share consolidation is being considered... Thanks to the folks at Lynas for sharing this info and listening to the HC shareholders...

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.41
Change
0.040(0.63%)
Mkt cap ! $5.991B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.45 $6.49 $6.40 $13.34M 2.079M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 13384 $6.41

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.42 13471 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 09/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.