LYC 1.16% $6.84 lynas rare earths limited

Wait. What? Seriously? you aren't sure what my point is with the...

1. 550 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 28
    Wait. What? Seriously? you aren't sure what my point is with the list when it is clearly outlined in the first two paragraphs? Which you then basically go on to reiterate in your typically long winded reply. Good good man! You have serious issues with reading comprehension.

I am also not sure why you are so obsessed with earnings and dismissive of cash flow as a metric of company health. First of all lynas isn't making money so investors look to other metrics to understand the company's position, health and prospects. This holds also for companies making money. It is really a moot point.

"Should you not at least be considering what most other investors look at first" . Frankly i don't know any investors that look at earnings FIRST. Most intelligent investors look at ALL metrics of a company before investing not just the superficial p/e ratio. That you give an example of 'bing' as justifying your position shows what a facile understanding of these things you have.

You must be one of the only investors in the world that uses the single financial data point offered by bing as an investment screening tool. Try ft.com, fortune 500 and Bloomberg for starters as sites offering detailed financial data and not preferencing earnings.

Besides - your emphasis on earnings is clearly overrated. If investors cared so much about earnings then no money losing company would ever succeed and all companies would have the same p/e valuations. Why don't you look at Amazon pre2016 for how much investors care about that lone data point of earnings in valuing a company.
    Last edited by Jezzamus: 15/07/17

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.84
Change
-0.080(1.16%)
Mkt cap ! $6.477B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.92 $7.05 $6.83 $8.082M 1.163M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
25 10044 $6.84

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.86 10300 36
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.27pm 03/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.