TLS 0.26% $3.91 telstra group limited

quick calculations, page-29

1. 2,357 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3255
    Wow, only a relative newbie to HC and first time I have stuck my head into the Telstra pit so to speak. Interesting thread, was going to give some sage advice to Crazypunter to give to his friend but after reading your posts I think its going to fall on deaf ears.

Everyone is a expert after the fact and people think they can time the markets every time, without realizing the that they have to take into account when buying and selling CGT and loss of fully franked dividends and how much the share price has to drop to get back to square one. We purchased 500k x $2.72 TLS shares in the last GFC years ago. People thought we were crazy when everyone was heeding the advice of Chicken Little financial forecasters to get out when the sky was falling and buy in later. We sold investment properties at the time and plowed it mostly into TLS and the four banks when everyone was listening to advice of the likes of crazypunter.

Well years down the track whose philosophy has paid off, the manic day trading rabbits that spend all day, day trading and pouring over charts and what the DOW and ASX are doing or the quiet tortoises who retired from being having to bound the slavery of working for a wage before their fifties and can enjoy their family and travel the world with them at a whim.

Once you build a big enough nest egg there is no need to keep working to keep adding to it, like the rolling stone it keeps moving and gets so big you dont need all its income so you can keep reinvesting to leave a sizable portion to each child give them a head start we never had in life while all the time living a very comfortable life yourself.

Crazypunter you have already headf%#*ed you friend if he is loosing sleep already so despite his grandads wishes you have already set the wheels in motion of him selling. Those shares he inherited are like another 50k each and every year on top of his wage he never had which will keep growing. He would be better off to use that income to reinvest in other dividend paying stocks and using a compounding interest calculator to see where that would leave him 20/30 years down the track.

You are very flippant and condescending to those older giving you their valuable advice which you can choose to listen too or not. One day you and your friend will be our age, its just that we got here earlier and are giving you sound advice. Where do you think you and your friend will be by thinking you can consistently guess and outsmart the market when your working lives come to a end ??? Each to their own and there are different paths to achieve financial freedom but I dont think anyone who address lifers as "unfortunates" will realize his financial path and advice is not going to end well for them in the end.
    Last edited by SmugLex: 01/04/16

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TLS (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.