XJO 0.09% 8,205.2 s&p/asx 200

quiet friday, page-4

1. 13,176 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 25
    But in all seriousness CK I don't think the ag sector at the grass roots is well prepared fo this boom particularly when you consider the capacity that has been poached by the miners.

If it is an average year in Australia for grains and the current subsoil reserves going into winter suggest reason fo optimism, there will be grain harvesters stopped at harvest time waiting for trucks to cart their grain away, there will likely be shortages of key herbicide groups as the season unfolds (already some pre-emergents herbicides are completely sold out) and some farmers do not have their compound fertilizer (the most essential starter dose) on farm.

Its a case of a self fulfilling prophecy now ... we know the boom is here in the underlying commodities but do we have the instilled capacity to realise those aspirations? I have my doubts ... you can imagine what is happening in the developing world ...

Interesting times ... its not about scale now money ain't cheap it is about managing your cost base and that has had to be achieved unconventionally. Going out and pricing inputs physically beyond one season, buying agricultural input stocks, investing in infratructure before the market properly ascribes value to it ...

Hope you managed to get some of your portfolio across to leverage into the story ... Cheers

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.