CVN 5.88% 16.0¢ carnarvon energy limited

I read today that Equinor (previously Statoil) is to relinquish...

1. 64 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 47
    I read today that Equinor (previously Statoil) is to relinquish it's plans to drill the Great Australian Bight.
    Equinor exits Great Australian Bight
    Equinor commented: "We hold an exploration permit offshore Western Australia and will maintain other ongoing interests and activities in Australia."
    It seems the commercial risk is too high for them to test the Great Australian Bight (**).
    As a near neighbor perhaps they will fast track that adjacent permit or even buy in to ours. Equinor has WA-542-P to the west of Dorado. From memory Santos /BP have WA-541-P between Dorado and Equinor's block. Our acreages may present a better risk profile. We have Labyrinth and 10% of WA-436/8-P that may interest them now their focus is off ** along with the exploration budget that will release.
    As a large (ranked 11 in the world), experienced and respected company I would welcome a company like this to our JV.  The "clout" a world class operator could bring to the table could really energize our development along with it's bargaining power with the big shipyards to expedite construction.
    There has been talk of the growing interest in the Northern Carnarvon Basin already. I speculate things are about to heat up.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CVN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
16.0¢
Change
-0.010(5.88%)
Mkt cap ! $286.2M
Open High Low Value Volume
16.5¢ 16.5¢ 15.8¢ $190.8K 1.184M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 270750 15.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
16.0¢ 38484 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 15/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CVN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.