BBG 0.00% $1.05 billabong international limited

quiksilver down 10% in a week, page-26

1. 4,344 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 109
    Can't blame the Yanks and the subprime, all that did was shock people back into reality for awhile. If subprime hadn't happened, Australians would have kept spending money that they didn't have and the greatest spending binge based on borrowed money would have continued. People were borrowing money off their mortgages like there was no tommorrow, consumer debt was rampant, it was going to end up in tears one way or another. Billabong are a victim, like others, of people being more conservative with their money out of neccessity and their goods being overpriced in the new reality. Trends change, peoples shopping habits change, labels come and go. Will the share price recover, I doubt it, but that is yet to be seen. I see more and more competition in their retail space, some of their goods are ridicoulsly priced i.e. wetsuits in comparison to some overseas quality brands. I hope they survive and prosper, but it will be an uphill battle. I don't see people throwing money about like it grows on trees for some time, and let's face it brands like Billabong are a luxury, not a neccessity.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BBG (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.