SGH 0.00% 54.5¢ slater & gordon limited

Quindell's buyers sue to reclaim every penny spent, page-122

1. 417 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3
    It's hard to find a set of figures that deliver a reasonable chunk of debt reduction, based on attainable revenue and margin numbers with what I think hedge funds would see as "acceptable" risk/return weightings.

I'm not sitting in the negotiations - so take all of this with an extremely large grain of salt - just my opinion...

After running numerous scenarios I believe it is most likely that current s/holders will be offered a token amount (<$0.05) and will be left with about 5% of the company - the debt holders will take the rest.

That said - debt holders may be prepared to give away a little more to make it easier to get the recap deal across the line - though I don't think they are in any particular hurry or under any great pressure - so I'm not expecting extraordinary generosity.

To get a deal close to the current share price, you'd still have to assume reasonably optimistic revenue and margin figures (or at least a very quick turnaround from the last half's figures) - and a low risk-weighting on the D4E swap.
    If you swap a little more debt on the figures I used above, you get a share price close to current:

Revenue: $700M
    Margin: 10%
    Risk-weighting: 4x
    Swap $315M gets D4E @ $0.093 - which is pretty much spot-on VWAP - and 90% dilution

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5
    0       Calculation Explanation
    1 Revenue A 700   projected future revenue
    2 Margin (%) B 10.0%   Expected margin
    3 Profit C 70 = A x B = Revenue x Margin
    5 Debt swapped 'M D 315   How much debt will they swap
    6 Interest rate on debt E 5.0%   What is the interest rate on the debt
    7 Interest foregone (M) F 15.75 = D x E = How much interest they forego
    9 Risk weighting G 4   What multiple should we use to reflect additional risk
    10 Risk-weighted return (M) H 63 = F x G Therefore - what they need to make
    12 %age equity required I 90.00%   = Risk-weighted return divided by Profit
    13 Remaining % current shareholders J 10.00% = 1 - I 100% less %equity required to deliver the risk-weighted return
    15 Current shares on issue (M) K 375    
    16 New shares on issue (M) L 3375 =(K / J) - K How many new shares they need to issue to hit their equity required
    18 Issue price M $0.093 = D / L = Debt swapped divided into New shares issued

I agree - hard to see D4E being done at a substantial (or indeed any!) premium to current SP - the prolonged range trading around 9.5c is certainly something the hedge funds can point to and say "The market values it at $35M - and we're offering you $250M or $350M (in debt) for 90% of it - effectively valuing it at 10x market value".

Whether this translates into an actual uplift in the SP post-D4E remains to be seen of course.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SGH (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.