HDR hardman resources limited

quite encouraging conversation?

1. 701 Posts.
    Rayrac - 20 Apr'05 - 09:53 - 3392 of 3400 edit

And a buy of 400,000 this morning, someone is interested, perhaps a bid is in the offing?

Wouldn't surprise me. I don't think I will be a happy bunny if it is.

simon8 - 20 Apr'05 - 10:18 - 3393 of 3400

You should be a happy bunny if over due bid comes in - great cash prize then go off an invest dosh elsewhere (gpx at current level post float excellent bet)

poo bear - 20 Apr'05 - 10:35 - 3394 of 3400

simon - is it you filling your boots??

SWalker - 20 Apr'05 - 11:08 - 3395 of 3400

Ummm Rayrac, sorry to downplay the bid rumurs but that 400k was ours.

Maybe a bid will come but that is not why we bought.

What surprised me was how easily we picked up the stock. There must be a loose holder/seller out there or the MMs are carrying stock, unlike CUX where our buying in the last couple of days has put a bit of life into the price.

simon8 - 20 Apr'05 - 11:10 - 3396 of 3400

Poo, couldn't say ;-) this share has been a godsend to any portfolio if timed right - goodbye mortgage hello holiday homes in s. France and N Italy!!!!!!!!!!!

Rayrac - 20 Apr'05 - 11:29 - 3397 of 3400 edit

SWalker, then you and yours reason for the buy?

Also what do you mean by 'we'? Are you a 'share shop', or just pals looking for somewhere to put spare capital?

Spelling rumours the rumurs way has also got me intrigued, just a misspell?

Sorry for the questions. :)

SWalker - 20 Apr'05 - 11:48 - 3398 of 3400

Hi Rayrac

Ah yes - it was a mis-spell.

"We"? Ah yes. I an the investment director for a small discretionary management company in Gloucestershire running about £75m for clients, trusts, pensions etc.

The reason?

For some time now we have had a large exposure to commodities and a couple of months ago we started to increaser the cash positions in the portfolio with a view to increased defensiveness and to allow us to add to our commodity positions. I have had an itchy finger for a few days and started to slowly add to our basket in commodities, increased with a splurge of about a £1m today on a few oilies.

The idea is to have a basket of stocks with different profiles - some oil, some gas, some producing now, some raising production in short term, some with greater Exploration, with a geogrpahic spread of production areas. To this end we have bought in HNR, FPL, SIA (our biggest position) and CUX (where our buying the last couple of days has pushed up the price somewhat). We are not committing all of our cash in one go, just putting bits in when prices look good.

This online tag is only the name I use over on ADVFN - Im usually to be found on TMF and the refugees from there know me.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add HDR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.