RAC 5.44% $1.65 race oncology ltd

Firstly, know that you are not alone. We've all been there, in...

1. 352 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 799
    Firstly, know that you are not alone. We've all been there, in fact I've been in and out of there for the last 20 years. There is no such thing as easy money and the stock market is no exception. What you don't pay for in cold hard cash you will pay for in anguish, self-doubt and regret. In one way or another, you'll earn every dollar you take out of the market.

Secondly, experience is unfortunately something that you have to earn yourself, and the only way to get it is by doing what you are. They key is to survive long enough in the market to get that experience and benefit from it. If you're at risk of not being able to do that, it may be worth considering selling some of your shares (yes, even RAC, if necessary) and taking enough out of the market that you are more comfortable with your position. Although many of us believe that RAC is a "once in a lifetime" opportunity, it may not turn out that way. And even if it does, everyone's lifetime is different, and there will always be other opportunities that come along at some point.

Lastly, making the "wrong" choice doesn't make you an idiot. All you get to do is make a choice and it's not until you have the benefit of hindsight that you know if it was the right or wrong thing to do. Luckily, one "right" choice can make up for a lot of "wrong" choices... but you have to be able to make enough choices for that to have a chance to happen. The only alternative to making wrong choices is not to make any choices at all (i.e. sit it out altogether). Depending on your situation and personality this may be a perfectly valid thing to do, however in doing so you are certain to miss out on every opportunity that presents itself.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RAC (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.