RAC 7.61% $1.70 race oncology ltd

@slick just in regards to the green days, the facts around that...

1. 350 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 782
    @slick just in regards to the green days, the facts around that probably depend on your definition of a green day. For myself (and obviously @Hunterr fits in this bucket too), I consider it a green close when the price closes higher than the closing price of the prior day. On this definition, RAC has closed green the last two days. (20/09 Close - $0.865, 21/09 Close - $0.885, 22/09 Close $0.905).

It looks like you are using a different definition of a green day - when the closing price is higher than opening price for the day perhaps (from looking at your candles anyway). By this definition RAC was green yesterday (open at $0.89, close at $0.905) but not green on 21/09 (open at $0.96, close at $0.885).

I'm not arguing the specifics of which way is more or less valid, though in my mind the comparison with the previous day paints a 'truer' picture. As well it seems to be the default in much of the charting software I have seen/used, and I would have assumed is the more widely accepted definition. For example, say a stock halves in price in a day on bad news, but closes at a higher price than it opens, calling this a green day is somewhat misleading as you've lost half your money from the day before.

But whichever way you cut it the facts do depend on the definition, and on this point I would agree with @Hunterr statement regarding two green days since your prediction.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RAC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.70
Change
-0.140(7.61%)
Mkt cap ! $289.4M
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.88 $1.89 $1.70 $456.4K 259.2K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 500 $1.69

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.70 8662 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 24/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
RAC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.