RAC 3.95% $1.46 race oncology ltd

This tax worry thing does seem to be a bit prevalent when folks...

1. 4,350 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2033
    This tax worry thing does seem to be a bit prevalent when folks talk investing.

To have to pay tax, you have had to have made a profit. Isnt that a good thing? I have never heard if anyone turning down a pay rise due to them having to pay tax on it.

Yes you can get a bit of a tax discount if you hold for over 12 months, but if the price drops during that time you have shot yourself in the foot.

If you trade for a living, you dont pay CGT. I would consider slick to be in that cohort of investors.

As well as not getting emotionally involved when investing, can I suggest investing in yourself and getting some education in investing. There are many half truths posted on HC that can lead anyone down the garden path. To counter this, there are some very good courses available on everything from tax through simple charting. Someone before posted how simple charting allowed them to lower their average buy in price. What a good investment that is.

And finally, as a rule, a pissy profit beats no profit. But i think you already knew that.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RAC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.46
Change
-0.060(3.95%)
Mkt cap ! $248.7M
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.53 $1.55 $1.46 $123.6K 82.48K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 1 $1.50

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.58 6715 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.37pm 20/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
RAC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.