RAC 0.66% $1.51 race oncology ltd

RAC Primer, page-4

1. 11,249 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 29635
    I was asked for an opinion elsewhere. Reposting my response here.

I’m backing RAC due to the very, very low risk profile of Bisantrene:
    • Was previously approved in France (1988)
    • historically works very well for AML. Average Complete Response of 47% in 7 trials in 80s and 90s ( a 20% complete response would easily achieve FDA approval )
    • In the big historic Breast Cancer trial achieved same overall survival as Doxorubicin, plus has much better safety ( Doxorubicin is the dominant chemo drug and Bisantrene has better heart safety ).
    • History allows short runway to approval via a small Phase II trial in US and accelerated 505(b)(2) approval pathway
    • Historically trialed in over 2,000 patients
    • 46 historic trials which I estimate has an IP value of > USD $500M (cost of rerunning trials ). $ value aside, that’s immense value for optimising their clinical strategy
    Incredible clinical history aside ( trials in patients), the preclinical results from 1983 are equally impressive.

In another clonogenic study of 989 human tumor samples, doxorubicin reduced tumor colony-forming units by 50% in 14% of samples, mitoxantrone had a 21% response rate, and bisantrene was effective against 31% of the samples.

Response:
    • Doxorubicin 14%
    • mitoxantrone 21%
    • Bisantrene 31%
    Adriamycin = Doxorubicin ( the dominant drug in chemo today )

This is preclinical performance for various cancers.

Screen Shot 2020-09-17 at 5.14.01 pm.png

Recent preclinical findings by City of Hope now also give Bisantrene Keytruda style potential ( that’s the biggest selling cancer drug in the world ). Places Bisantrene firmly in the immunoncology space. Works at high dose as a cancer killer and new findings show it works at low dose as a cancer inhibitor.

So a drug, previously approved, previously very successful in clinical trials is going up for approval in the next year or 2 ( IND is well-advanced ).

All that happened was that a chain of corporate takeovers in 1990s lead to drug being forgotten. The owners had financial problems and couldn’t afford to progress it ( had other priorities). Then it was forgotten.

New patents secured, FDA orphan drug designation and now new management has turned it around.

RAC was a hidden gem on the ASX until a successful investor who happens to run a DNA sequencing firm ( and knows something about cancer from his PHD ) went from A to Z through every ASX biotech and got to RAC and was stunned by what he found. He cornerstoned a placement and then joined the company and has been instrumental in turning it around.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RAC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.51
Change
-0.010(0.66%)
Mkt cap ! $252.5M
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.55 $1.57 $1.47 $198.4K 131.1K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 19 $1.50

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.51 3154 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 22/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$1.50
  Change
-0.010 ( 0.66 %)
Open High Low Volume
$1.53 $1.56 $1.47 18229
Last updated 15.53pm 22/05/2024 ?
RAC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.