Race hustlers here in Oz. Even exploit the miracle of Cleo's rescue. Enough, already

1. 17,773 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 112
    What is wrong with these bloody people???

Even as we celebrated and rejoiced at finding young Cleo alive after 18 days - against all odds and trends - tossers like this want to make it about race

To divide rather than unite

I'm sick to death of it and I'm sure most are.

Enough

Jesinta Franklin questioned whether Cleo Smith would have been found if she were Indigenous.

The 30-year-old model and wife of Indigenous AFL superstar Lance Franklin posted to Instagram just after 2pm Wednesday, after the four-year-old was found alive in a locked Carnarvon house.

She said she was posting her comments because “we need to do better for all children who go missing”.

Jesinta Franklin and Lance Franklin.
    Jesinta Franklin and Lance Franklin.

“Without taking away from the joy of finding a missing child alive and well, I can’t help but think about the disparity that exists in this country between missing children who are white and indigenous children when it comes to the visibility and coverage of the case,” she said.

“I have read so many heartbreaking stories of missing indigenous children that garner hardly any media coverage or the social media coverage that a case like Cleo’s did.

“I have no doubt the widespread broadcasting of information in regards to the case assisted the phenomenal efforts of the WA police force in locating this beautiful little girl and reuniting her with her family,” she said.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.