Racism going too far

1. 6,975 Posts.
    G'day folks,

I have read just about all the posts relating to the sentencing of the individuals that carried out the serial rapes and I believe they were justly sentenced.

I also support some of the views that large ethnic groups that stay outside of the mainstream society are a problem (wouldn't matter what ethnic group). However, some of the blanket calls of scum and deport the lot are way over the top. There are good and bad in all ethnic groups, including the anglo celts which most people here seem to represent.

Here is an example of good Lebenose - When my daughter was an infant and my wife wanted peace and personal time a couple of days a week my daughter spent time with a day care mother who was, you guessed it, Lebonese and a delightful lady and family they were too. We didn't enquire as too her religion but it was probably not muslim (thinking in retrospect) because she did not wear traditional clothes but her religion was not the issue, she was a delightful lady and her husband hard working.

If we are to accept different ethnic peoples to this country they should be many and no one major group and it should be a condition they integrate into mainstream society and culture. This doe not mean forbidding a religion nor a mandated religious requirement but it does mean dressing in local clothing styles and being fluent in the english language.

As to the villains and crooks, and to those that preach hate, they should be banged up in accordance with the crime committed. We are starting to see realistic sentencing that might at last act as a deterrent.

It would be nice to ban all religions (fairy stories and superstitions) but that would probably drive them underground, make them sinister and create mor division and suspicion. It would be nice for people to to realise they are nonsense all by themselves.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.