personally, I wouldn't be surprised if Hitler did consider...

1. 80,510 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    personally, I wouldn't be surprised if Hitler did consider himself a racist --------- he was very clear with his opinions

it depends a lot on how one defines the word racist

if this is the actual meaning "a person who shows or feels discrimination or prejudice against people of other races, or who believes that a particular race is superior to another."

then, I'm pretty certain that almost everyone is racist --------- I most certainly am

to me - fear of 'difference' is hardwired into basically and practically every human - I truly doubt that there's many humans on the planet who aren't hardwired for difference

it's how one acts and how one allows one's mind to work that IMO - makes one what we call racist or not

Malcolm Gladwell (who is black - certainly a very dark shade of brown or light shade of black) - was amazed to find that he scored on the racist profile when doing some testing - on white faces and black faces from memory - it's in one of his books - can't remember which

I have noticed my own tendencies - when they show up - when they disappear and when they reappear

I have a specific theory ------- in 'addition' to the hard wired fear of difference --------- as far as black faces go - or very dark faces ------------ and, my theory goes like this ----------- I will use an example - using dogs

I've noticed it with other peoples dogs as well as the two I will speak of.

In my case - one dog was large, white - or very dirty white - a boy - the other was a very dark brown chocolate princess.

I noticed that walking down the streets --------------- very small children would often run up to the big white dog and give it a cuddle and pat or similar - really effuse over it ------------ but, left the princess on the shelf ----------- much to her disgust. In many cases the larger white dog towered above the children.

I wondered why, and I thought ------------- ok, besides TV stuff of famous white dogs --------- is there just something to do with the colour ------------ and, I believe there is --

in dogs - or any other animal - including humans ---------- on a white face - you can read the facial language - the micro facials, the larger movements of the face

on the black face -- particularly black skin that is not shiny - you have huge difficulty reading that face - because the light just does not reflect off it - the skin absorbs the light and you just basically cannot see

the dimmer the ambient light - the worse it is. - It's true of dogs as it is true of humans - we read a lot from the face of a dog as to whether it's safe or not to be near the animal.

Indeed, only yesterday I picked up on a black human face from -?? must have been 60 metres away in good light and my antennae immediately went up ------ why?

because one could discern nothing at all about the face -------- it was male, I presume, (after all - sex is the first thing we notice - even at very long range) - and young (age is the next thing we notice) -

but, the face - was totally hidden - because the person had a hood on - PLUS a black Covid mask AND dark non reflective skin - so, even at metres away - you could tell absolutely nothing about what that face was saying

as they walked peacefully by - I thought ----------- man, if you want to have a scary face ------- that's it - it would win the alarm contest hands down

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.