>You make reference to the west guaranteeing Muslim's rights....

1. 2,070 Posts.
    >You make reference to the west guaranteeing Muslim's rights. What sort of rights do you have in mind? Those based on Western values?

Yes Western rights which include freedom of worship and religion.

>Where do you imagine the "rabid racists" are?

Right here on Hotcopper.

>Both these expressions plus your refernce to the "rich son' Bin laden are from the lexicon of class struggle and the Left. I notice in other of your posts you put forward solutions that would appeal to pluralistic Westerners but would leave most Muslims unimpressed.

I said the spoilt son of a rich construction czar, thereby demeaning his personal achievements and worth.

>What I am trying to draw your attention to is that Islam(Which incidently I do not find an attractive religion.)needs to be approached on it's own ground or through it's own "world view" if you like.

I have lived in Islamic countries (Malaysia and Indonesia) and I hate some aspects of the abused Islam you find there of late and I feel uncomfortable with the conventional Islam also - compulsory Islam for babies born of Muslim parentage and rules about the Tudong (headscarf) etc for example as well as the religious police and scapegoating/pogroming the Chinese in Indonesia. Still muslims are amenable to Western culture and values - they are not Martians.

>For some years I had a Lebanese Muslim running a business near ours. He was a delightful, kind and well educated man and we often talked about Islam and Christianity. One thing I soon came to realise was,that we were using the same words but meant entirely different things. The Islamist has a world view which is totally different from ours in that the whole of life is pervaded by his religion.

For example? Catholics see the world very differently to me, especially if they've been in the hands of the Brothers.

>Most of the solutions suggested here are of the type; This is how I see the world and here is a solution to the problem.

Your solutions or others? Cultures and religions have common ground and that is where the solution begins. The differences are not grounds for violence or murder or war.

I expect my race and my culture to show enlightenment and respect for the other races, cultures and religions - not become part of an escalating controntation sparked by agent provocateurs like bin Laden. Otherwise I wouldn't bother posting here.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.