jimjj, you said "sniff you idiot.....THERE IS NO god.Your late...

1. 6,931 Posts.
    jimjj, you said "sniff you idiot.....THERE IS NO god.Your late jc (unfortunately) conned his way around 2002 years ago.
    This cosmic speck of dust we survive on is so many BILLIONS of years old and so insignificant in the scheme of things."

Good way to start!!

I am not going to debate with you whether or not there is a God. In fact I did not mention God in my post. I did say, however, that the lifestyle you enjoy today is due to the long history of the church. It is thanks to the church and its influence on our philosophy that we have this today. No atheistic philosophy has arisen to prove its worth. You might think the church stinks and is philistine and anti our modern life. The facts speak otherwise. Even democracy was alive and well in the church for 2000 years. Not as we know it today with universal suffrage which is very recent. However, at the first meeting of the apostles after the death of Judas, what did they do? They VOTED to find his replacement and that has persisted for 2000 years to this day. The church taught us to be honest and tell the truth and thanks to that tradition you now live in a society where TRUST is the norm. You should try living in a society where it is not the societal norm, like China and Hong Kong.

Atheism can never deliver such a society. You might hate the church or think it a fraud, that is your privilege, but the institution is responsible for many of the good things in our society, including freedom of speech.

I am thankful jc conned his way around - and he lives still.

Regards

Desmond

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.